Chocolate Brownie Mince Pie
Equipment: 12 hole muffin tin x2, pie cutter
400g Plain Flour
50g Cocoa Powder
220g Unsalted Butter plus extra for greasing muffin tin
160g Caster Sugar
200g Dark Chocolate
200g Unsalted Butter
100g Plain Flour
50g Cocoa Powder
150g Caster Sugar
100g Light Brown Sugar
100g Sweet Mincemeat
- Make the pastry; Put the flour, cocoa powder, and butter into a large bowl and make into breadcrumbs using your finger tips.
- Add the egg and caster sugar and combine the mixture together with your hand in to one big ball.
- Wrap in pastry mixture in cling film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Prepare your muffin tins. Grease each one with some melted butter.
- Remove the chilled pastry from the fridge and on a floured surface, roll out the mixture. Using your pie cutter; cut out 24 individuals pies and place them in each muffin hole. Prick each one with a fork at the base.
- Place back in fridge while preparing the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
- Make the brownie mixture, melt the dark chocolate and butter in a heat proof bowl over a pan of hot water on the hob. Once melted, removed from the heat and leave to cool.
- In a separate bowl; whisk the eggs and both sugars until the mixture has doubled in size.
- Add the melted chocolate and butter and whisk in well.
- Then carefully fold in the flour and cocoa powder, careful not to knock the air out of the mixture.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge. Spoon a heaped tsp of mincemeat into the base of each shell.
- Spoon a heaped tbsp of brownie mixture on top.
- Place in the oven and cook for 25 – 30minutes.
- Leave in the muffin trays for 5 – 10 minutes to firm up before removing on to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy warm or cold!