Festive Mince Scones
I do love a good scone filled with jam. Not a fan of clotted cream though!
I had some spare sweet mincemeat left over in my fridge from making Mince Pies. I thought to myself, I really don’t need any more Mince Pies; there’s only so many you can eat over the festive period! Despite telling myself; ‘surely they count to 1 of my 5 a day?!’ So that means if I eat 5 Mince Pies a day, thats my 5 a day sorted!
Later on that day I went out for afternoon tea with my best friends and had scone. The idea then sprung to mind. Why not put my left over mincemeat in a scone? So thats exactly what I did! I went home and made my mincemeat scones. They tasted good! I decided to share them with my mom and my partner so see what they thought. They loved them too! So then I thought I should share the recipe with you too. So here it is. Enjoy!
125g Unsalted Butter
200g Sweet Mincemeat
100ml Full Fat Milk
250g Self Raising Flour (Plus extra for dusting the work surface)
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees fan and grease proof a baking tray.
- Place the butter and flour into a bowl and make into breadcrumbs using your fingertips.
- Add the milk slowly, mixing it in to the mixture to form a wet dough.
- Add the mince meat and mix until well combined.
- Dust the work surface with flour and roll out the mixture to a thick, even rectangle. Make sure you do not roll it out too thin. Using a star cutter, or any festive shaper cutter; cut out the dough and place on baking tray.
- Bake in the pre heated oven for 15 mins, until a golden brown colour.
- Enjoy warm or leave them to cool of a wire cooling rack. Even better; slice it open and add a layer of mince meat inside!