How to Melt Chocolate
On the Hob:
- Grab a pan and fill it 1/4 full of water and place the heat proof bowl on top. Make sure the bowl does not touch the water!
- Break the chocolate into squares and place them in the heat proof bowl.
- Turn the hob on high to boil the water.
- Once the water starts to reach boiling point, and the chocolate begins to melt; remove the pan off the hob and continuously stir until all the chocolate squares have melted.
In the Microwave:
- Grab a microwaveable bowl and break the chocolate pieces into squares and place in the bowl.
- Place in microwave on high power for 1 minute.
- Remove from the microwave and stir continuously with a spoon until all the chocolate has melted.