Mini Chocolate Orange Tarts
Makes 12 mini tarts
mini tart tray/muffin tray/bun tray
320g Ready rolled Shortcrust Pastry sheet
For the chocolate filling:
37g unsalted butter
57g milk chocolate
57g caster sugar
27g plain flour
2 medium eggs
For the orange filling:
12g unsalted butter
25g white chocolate
finely grated zest off 1 orange
17g caster sugar
12g plain flour
1 medium egg yolk
- Grease the baking tray with butter and using a pie cutter, cut out 14 circles from the already rolled pastry. Place a pastry circle in each individual section on the tray then put the tray aside while you make the filling. Preheat oven to 200 degrees/gas 6.
- To make the chocolate filling, melt the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of steaming hot water, staring continuously until all melted. Then remove bowl from the pan and stir in the sugar and flour. Beat in the eggs, one a time.
- In a separate bowl make the orange filling. Melt the butter and chocolate as above. Once all melted, remove the bowl from the pan and stir in the orange zest (
saving some to decorate at the end with), sugar, and flour. Beat in the egg yolks, one at a time.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture into the each pastry tart filling each one 3/4 full. Then spoon a spoonful of the orange mixture into each tart creating a slight marble effect to each one.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 – 12 minutes until the filling is just set.
- Once cooled, decorate with a bit of orange zest.