Mini Egg Fudge
Easter is almost here, the shops are filled with Easter chocolate, and all spring flowers are out! I love this time of year! The days are getting longer and warmer!
I love fudge all year round, chocolate fudge, vanilla fudge, rum and raisin fudge, etc… Love most fudge; I can’t decide on a favourite flavour. Maybe double chocolate fudge? The thing I love about fudge, its very adaptable. You can make almost any flavour fudge you want, just as longs as you have the basic recipe for a good old vanilla or chocolate fudge! At christmas time I adapted my favourite vanilla fudge recipe and made gingerbread fudge and candy cane fudge. Both worked really well.
I was sat writing my Cadbury Creme Egg Hot Cross Bun recipe on my Mac eating a bag of mini eggs. I love mini eggs; have to admit it’s one of my favourite Easter chocolates! I thought to myself how could I incorporate these into one of my favourite treats? I thought to myself what haven’t I made in a while? Fudge sprung to mind! Yes, perfect! Mini Egg fudge…..even thinking about it is making my mouth water!!
My fudge turned out so well I felt it was only fair to share it with you! It’s quick and easy to make! Enjoy!!
400g Milk Chocolate
1 can of Condensed Milk
100g Icing Sugar
30g Unsalted Butter
3 Bags of Mini Eggs
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of hot water. (How to melt chocolate).
- Once the chocolate has fully melted, stir in butter continuously until completely melted and well combined.
- Stir in the condensed milk and icing sugar.
- Crush 2 bags (180g) of Mini Eggs into small pieces. You can do this by placing the Mini Eggs into a sealable sandwich bag and hit with a rolling pin.
- Mix in the crushed Mini Eggs into the mixture.
- Pour the fudge mixture into a grease proof baking tin, spreading it out evenly.
- With the reminding bag of Mini Eggs; place them on top of the mixture, evenly, pressing them in slightly.
- Place the fudge in the fridge and leave it to set for at least 2 hours (best set over night!).
- Cut into square pieces and enjoy!
- Best stored in the fridge, and last for up to 3 weeks!