140g caster sugar
2 tsp of vanilla extract
2 large eggs 200g self-raising flour
12 Cupcake cases
60g vegetable shortening
2 teaspoons of vanilla
525g icing sugar
2 – 4 tablespoons of milk
12 Oreos broken up to pieces and 6 spare to decorate on top
1. Preheat the oven to 180degrees and line a 12-hole bun tin with the cupcake cases.
2. Place the butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat together until light and fluffy. Then add in the vanilla extract.
3. Gradually beat in the eggs one at a time, beating until the mixture looks well beaten.
4. Gradually sift in the flour, folding it into the mixture carefully. Be careful not to over stir the mixture.
5. Place an Oreo at the bottom of each cupcake case, and spoon the mixture on top of each one, filling the cases 2/3 full.
6. Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes, until golden brown.
7. Transfer onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely before decorating.
8. While they are cooling you can prepare the buttercream. Beat together the butter and vegetable shortening until smooth and creamy. Then add the vanilla extract.
9. Adding little bits at a time, beat in the icing sugar until a smooth
has been formed.
10. Then add the milk, tablespoon at a time until the mixture looks and feels smooth and creamy, and soft enough to pipe with.
11. Break up the Oreos into pieces then stir them into the buttercream.
12. Fill the piping bag with buttercream, chop off the tip, and pipe onto the cooled down cupcakes.
13. Cut the reminding 6 Oreos in half and place on top of the buttercream to decorate.