Raspberry White Chocolate Blondes
Summer time reminds me of long warm days and fresh home grown berries. After spending an hour in the garden picking a full tub of raspberries, I headed into my kitchen to see what ingredients I had in. Opening my cupboard I saw 3 bars of white chocolate, perfect raspberries with white chocolate is definitely a winner! With it been a hot day outside, sponge is perfect light desert and goes well with ice cream; definitely something I need on hot days like these! With this inspiration, I put together this mouth watering, tasty, summer desert! Give it a go and let me know which flavour ice cream you prefer it with! I prefer it with good old traditional vanilla ice cream!
250g white chocolate
150g fresh raspberries
15og caster sugar
tsp of vanilla extract
200g self raising flour
- Melt 150g of the white chocolate with all the butter in a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir until melted, remove from the heat.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl until light and frothy. Then add the sugar and vanilla extract, and beat until well combined.
- Slowly, whisk in the chocolate mixture until will combined.
- Sift in the flour, carefully folding it into the mixture, making sure not too over mix!
- Chop the reminding white chocolate into small chunks and stir lightly into the mixture.
- Pour mixture into a grease proof square or rectangle baking tin. Scatter the raspberries evenly on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 150°c for 45 minutes, until golden brown and baked all the way through. Test the centre with a skewer to see if ready.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool before taking the sponge out of the tin. Enjoy