Unicorn Custard Cream Rocky Road
Looking through the cupboard full of baking supplies, checking expiry dates, I found a packet of custard creams which where due to go out of date end of the month! I thought why not make some rocky road but instead of using the traditional digestive biscuits, I could use custard creams instead! I thought white chocolate would taste better then milk chocolate, so I grabbed 6 100g bars out of my cupboard. I looked up at the shelve containing a jar of marshmallows. It was half full, surely there’s a 100g in there! After getting out my equipment, I begin weighing my ingredients. I only had 55g of mini marshmallows. I could’t be bothered to go out to shops (I’m pretty lazy when it comes to food shopping!), so I when back to raiding my baking supply cupboard. It’s my favourite cupboard is the house! It remind me of Marry Poppins handbag! I found a bag of blue mini marshmallows. Perfect, these will work! As I added the mini blue marshmallows to the melted white chocolate, the colour of the mixture reminded me of a unicorn! This is the the name came together of my recipe!
This recipe was not a planned a recipe, however, they tasted that good, I thought it would only be fair for me to share it with you all! Sometimes the recipes which are made by accident, are the actually the best recipes!!
600g white chocolate
100g mini marshmallows in pink, white, and blue
300g Custard Cream Biscuits
- Melt the chocolate over a pan of hot water until melted and remove from hob. (Trouble melting chocolate?) Check out my video on How To Melt The Chocolate!)
- Break up the Custard Cream biscuits with your hands into small pieces. Add them into the bowl of melted chocolate, and stir.
- Stir in the marshmallows.
- Use a silicone square cake mould, or cling film a square cake tin, and pour the mixture into it, spreading it out evenly. Leave to set in the fridge overnight.
- Remove from the fridge 10 minutes before cutting it into large square pieces. Enjoy!